Sensitive earlobes are susceptible to swelling, itching, and pain whenever they come in contact with earrings made from inexpensive metals. A person who has sensitive ears should wear sensitive earrings to diminish such reactions.
Sensitive Ears and Allergic Reactions
Earrings made from certain metals will trigger allergic reactions when they come in contact with sensitive ears. Metals like nickel can cause allergic reactions. In addition to this, alloys combined with other metals may also cause problems whenever they come in contact with moisture from sweat. While this may have been a problem in the past, this has now been addressed with the creation of sensitive earrings.
Earrings for the Sensitive Ear
There are several options to choose from when searching for the perfect pair of earrings for sensitive ears.
- Hypoallergenic Earrings. These types of earrings are made from pure metals that are nickel-free like aluminum, titanium, and stainless steel. One can easily find this type of earrings from local jewelry stores. These earrings are also sold online.
- Silver Earrings. These types of earrings may be more expensive compared to others. However, this would serve as a good investment. In some cases,silver earrings with good quality will not react with sensitive ears. The person with sensitive ears should consider testing the jewelry first to check if the sensitivity of his or her ears will react with the composition of the silver earring.
- Gold Earrings. Gold earrings are expensive options just like silver earrings. However, these are profitable to invest in, and these are also nice to wear. It is very important to choose the type of gold that will not react to sensitive ears. There are people who experience allergic reactions to 10K, 14K or 18K gold, while there are others who experience allergic reactions to white gold despite it containing minimal amounts of nickel. It is advisable to use pure gold earrings which would be the 24K type.
- Other Metals. Other great options for earrings that are ideal for sensitive ears would be those earrings that are made of titanium, niobium, and platinum. Platinum earrings are expensive options. However, niobium is the type of metal used to make surgical instruments. There have been several reports stating that most people with sensitive ears do not develop allergic reactions when wearing niobium earrings.
- Magnetic Earrings. This is a common fashion trend today. There are a lot of options for magnetic earrings and some even come in cool and trendy designs. These are available in the local stores and even online. There are some instances wherein sensitive ears can tolerate magnetic earrings.
- Plastic Earrings. These types of earrings are a good option for those people who have already tried several different types but are still experiencing sensitivity reactions. Plastic earrings are available in local and online stores in various designs, colors, and sizes.
Find the Right Earrings!
Finding the right earrings for sensitive ears will greatly reduce the risk of developing allergic reactions. With new innovations in jewelry, there are increased options for people with sensitive ears which allow them to wear earrings without having to worry about experiencing itchiness, swelling, and pain. They can now be fashionable and wear their favorite earrings.
To see a multitude of styles for sensitive earrings, please visit http://www.sensitively-yours.com and check out their studs, hoops, birthstones, and more.
EasyPublish this article: http://submityourarticle.com/articles/easypublish.php?art_id=316338